New Project: 1930 NPIII/Skeetersoft Full Season Replay

 Yes, I've started a few replays in the short time I've been into baseball sims, only to get sidetracked by a different season/game and hope to something else.  I've loved Skeetersoft since I started playing the 1929 season last year, but then hopped around to try a few other games and had been playing a lot of PC Replay Baseball, which I also think is fantastic.  But...something recently gave me the itch to try another season of NPIII and after starting an interesting book called "Breaking the Slump" by Charles Alexander about baseball during the Depression, I figured why not start right at the beginning of the 1930s.  I purchased the 1930 season and have been off and running.  As I said, there are other sims I really like - particularly Replay PC - but, I've yet to play anything that feels as smooth, and is this simple with still feeling like baseball like NPIII/Skeetersoft.  So, I'm going to barrel forward with this replay.

With past projects, I got bogged down with trying to document things on the blog, which at times took me away from playing the actual games and eventually saw me burn out.  So with this replay, I'm going to simply try and post updates here as I've seen as others do as they complete their season replays.  I'm not sur e exactly how I'll post - whether it will be weekly updates (in game turns), highlight particular games, etc...I'll kind of make it up as I go.  At any rate, I am through the first week of the season and figured I'd kick things off with the standings through Week 1:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week in Review - American League (April 29-May 5, 1929)

April 17, 1940 (Payoff Pitch Replay)

April 21, 1940 (Payoff Pitch Replay)