Yes, I keep starting projects then jumping ships to new ones - what can I say, I have ADD in staying focused on one project. At the moment, I've been lured back to PC Replay Baseball, which to me is a near perfect implementation of the fantastic cards & dice game Replay Baseball. My initial plan was to use a thread on the Delphi Forums that I created to post daily and weekly (in replay terms) updates, as I thought that might be quicker and easier than maintaining the blog. The Delphi Forums, however, are not the most user friendly, so I am going to continue posting their while also linking to the full posts on this blog, which will allow followers to more easily read the screenshots and updates. So, with that, please follow along as we relive perhaps the most iconic of baseball seasons!
June 11, 1941 - A wild game in Detroit today, as the Tigers managed a walk-off win against the Philadelphia Athletics. Lots of runs were scored, with Philadelphia jumping out to a 6-1 win, before an eight-run 5 th inning from the Tigers turned the tide. Ultimately it was a walk-off single from centerfielder Pat Mullin that gave the Tigers a 13-12 win. Pat Mullin (Tigers) - In the National League pennant race, both the Reds and the Dodgers lost, while the Cardinals managed a victory to move back into a tie atop the NL standings with Brooklyn. The star for the Cardinals today was starting pitcher Mort Cooper, who went the distance and gave up only one run. The Reds remain a half-game back. Mort Cooper (Cardinals)
June 10, 1941 - They Yankees went home run crazy today at Comiskey Park, blasted four homers within the first three innings of the game – two of them coming from the red hot Joe DiMaggio. After going 3-5 today, DiMaggio improved his batting average to .402 (trailing only Ted Williams), increased his MLB-leading RBI total to 58 after driving three against the White Sox, and brought his season home run total up to eight. Joe DiMaggio (Yankees) - A classic matchup between the Dodgers and the Pirates took place today at Ebbets Field. With the Dodgers up 3-2 in the top of the 9 th inning, Pirates centerfielder Vince DiMaggio smacked his X home run of the season with a solo shot to tie the game. In the bottom of the 9 th , however, Dodgers slugger Dolph Camilli ended things with a walk-off, three-run home run. With the win, the Dodgers pulled into a to...
Comments
Post a Comment